1142 - Speech Specialist
REPORTS TO: Principals/SPED Director/SLP
Speech Specialist will be assigned to schools at the discretion of the SLPand in consultation with the SPED Director, Principals, and Teachers for Speech intervention, success, and improvement.
Under the direction of the SLP, and in consultation with the Special Ed Director and Building Principals the Speech Specialist will provide speech, language, voice, and fluency services to students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Under the direction of the Speech Language Pathologist
- Provide services to students with communication difficulties.
- Implement treatment programs that have been developed by the SLP.
- Monitoring and maintaining data on students progress.
- Working with students on a one-to-one basis, and in groups.
- Collaborate with SLP, teacher, parents and other stakeholders, to generalize newly acquired speech and language skills.
- In conjunction with the SLP the speech specialist will maintain student speech files.