1143 - Custodian all Purpose
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs a variety of routine cleaning work in offices, classrooms or other buildings; assists in minor maintenance activities; and performs other related duties as assigned.
- No specific education requirement, but must demonstrate ability to read and write English at a level required for successful job performance.
- One year of work experience in manual work.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Previous experience in public school system or institute of higher education.
- A general knowledge of commercial cleaning techniques.
- Hold and maintain a Utah driver's license.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of modern cleaning methods.
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions and specific rules, regulations and processes and apply them to a variety of situations.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Ability to drive a car, pickup truck and other vehicles.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS This position may change or evolve in the future, but is not limited to the following:
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and polish floors.
- Clean and vacuum rugs and carpets.
- Clean and sanitize rest rooms.
- Dust and polish furniture and woodwork.
- Assist in moving/loading/transporting furniture, equipment, supplies and materials.
- Clean and polish windows, class doors and drinking fountains.
- Clean and polish metal work.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Make minor non-technical repairs.
- Assist with painting and minor carpentry projects.
- Clean venetians blinds.
- Pick up debris on grounds.
- Assist in routine grounds keeping.
- Report safety, sanitary and fire hazards.
- Conform to district policy regarding attendance and absences. Employee attendance must be adequate to perform the above listed essential job functions.
- Drive a car, pickup truck or other vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Not limited to the following:
- Physical ability to perform the above listed essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical, mental and emotional requirements will be developed when needed for purposes of reasonable accommodation.
Specifically for this Position: (with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Facility to see and read fine print and work with small component parts.
- Demonstrate normal depth perception.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate small objects and handle tools safely.
- Facility to drive a car, pickup truck or other vehicle.
- Look after and lock and unlock doors and windows at times specified by the principal.
- Maintain gas heaters, change filters, adjust thermostats.
- Sweep and/or clean all floor space, stairs, and walks, (More often than daily if needed) most halls three times daily.
- Turn off lights when not needed, particularly when leaving the building.
- Inspect and clean drinking fountains, lavatories and stools.
- Mop toilet room floors, disinfect at least daily.
- Dust classroom desks, office desk, tables, chairs, window sills, cases, shelves, chalk trays, windows, ledges, tops of lockers. etc.
- Pick up paper and trash from yard.
- Remove marks from walls.
- Check supplies in toilet rooms.
- Properly display United States flag, if not otherwise taken care of by principal.
- Move heavy items at request of cafeteria director.
- Empty cafeteria trash cans.
- Wash, wipe door glass, transoms, door knobs, and handrails.
- Such additional duties as principal may assign.