1144 - Coach Job Description
#1144 - Coach Job Description
Piute School District Coaches will adhere to the following:
- Design game plans and assign positions.
- Prepare and condition athletes.
- Understand rules and regulations of sport coaching.
- Manage sport budgets and spend funds responsibly.
- Manage fundraising and promotional efforts.
- Understand aspects of health, exercise science and physical education.
- Mentor students off as well as on the field, encouraging leadership skills and academic success.
- Conduct parent meetings as needed to establish expectations, resolve concerns, and motivate student athletes.
- Maintain professional decorum while coaching.
- Request buses for all away games.
- Work with the Athletic Director to organize for home events.
- Promote student athlete respect, sportsmanship, and life skills.
- Maintain supervision of student athletes for all home, away and overnight events.
- Follow all UHSAA guidelines and requirements.
- Update Register My Coach every year for each coached sport, completing all necessary requirements.
- Complete all other duties assigned by the principal or athletic director.