4003 - Admissions and Attendance Instate Students
GENERAL Piute School District shall admit into the free ELIGIBILITY --public schools of the District all minor children PARENTS IN-STATE who are over 5 and not over 18 years of age on September 2 of the school year in which admission is sought if the child's parent or legal guardian resides or is domiciled in the state, and if any of the following conditions exist:
- The child's parent or legal guardian resides in the District at the time of application for admission regardless of whether the child lives with the parent or legal guardian.
- The child resides in the District while in the custody or under the supervision of a Utah State agency.
- The child resides in the District while under the supervision of a private or public agency authorized to provide child placement services by the state of Utah.
- The child resides in the District while living with a responsible adult resident of the state who is willing and able to provide reasonably adequate food, clothing, shelter, and supervision for the child, but only if the Board has determined that the child's physical, mental, moral or emotional health is best served by considering the child to be a resident for school purposes.
- The child resides in the District and is an emancipated minor, such as by marriage.
Utah Code Ann. 53A-2-201,202(1)
Utah Code Ann. 53A-12-101