1139 - Teacher Aide
JOB SUMMARY Assists the classroom teacher in maintaining appropriate classroom activities and environment in order that students may learn effectively.
- Graduation form high school or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively and help others.
- Previous experience in a public school setting.
- Ability to operate office machines, perform routine record keeping functions, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, teachers, students and the public.
- Hold and maintain a Utah Driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY:
- Ability to work independently at routine tasks.
- Ability to learn special needs of particular individuals.
- Ability to maintain discipline among students.
- Ability to conduct learning activities with small groups of students.
- Ability to learn and interpret rules, regulations, laws and instructions.
- Ability to communicate.
- Ability to meet and interact with teachers and student with tact, courtesy and discretion.
- Ability to learn emergency procedures for working with mentally and physically disabled passengers, per-school students and community school students.
- Ability to escort and assist children as necessary.
ESSEBTIAL FUNCTIONS: This position may change or evolve in the future, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide instructional support assistance to students and student groups.
- Operate various types of office equipment such as typewriter, copy machine, personal computers, inc.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of systems for classroom management.
- Guides students in working and interacting harmoniously wit other students.
- Supervises students in all areas of the school.
- Conform to District policy regarding attendance and absences. Employee attendance must be adequate to perform the above listed essential job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Helps maintain individual records for each student.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Not limited to the following:
- Physical ability to perform the above listed essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical, mental and emotional requirements will be developed when needed for purposes of reasonable accommodation.
NOTE: This is of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary in accordance with the requirements of the job.